Projects: AAA FPS Console & PC Games
My client is a developer of premium games that entertain millions of people across the globe with amazing and immersive gaming experiences. No doubt you will have played at least 1 of their award-winning games.
As an experienced Cinematics Director you will have the knowledge and experience to help bring their cinematics of their AAA franchises to a whole new level! You know everything there is to know about narrative structure, cameras, shot composition and character emotion and motivation, and how to combine all those elements into exceptional and innovative visual storytelling.
- Deep understanding of cinematic craft and tools to create visually compelling drama; Composition, Character Performance, Editing, Transitions, Lighting and Music.
- Awareness of production scope and budget.
- A strong cinematic background
- Demonstrate cutting edge camera language and editing techniques
- Experience as a Cinematic Director in either videogame cinematics or CG TV/film
- Define a vision of what great cinematics will be – and work with the team to realise that vision.
- Develop a cinematic language to be used across the game
- Creative, collaborative problem solver with an eye for cutting-edge cinematics. A leader who can foster a positive culture in the team around them.
- Key stakeholder in realisation of story who will use film-director-level skills to make cinematic content that blows the competition away.
- Adaptive problem solver, develops and improves script through the pre-visualization process with an eye for style, craftsmanship and economy.
- Create visual innovation in storytelling beyond direct/flat realisation of script as written.
- Understands story & scene goals and will challenge other directors to make the best possible story.
- Consider the use of scripted sequences, dialogue and environmental storytelling beyond just cinematics themselves.
- Ultimately accountable for realisation of all cinematics
- Experience in getting the best out of actors in a performance capture environment.
- Experience directing external animation teams.
- Proficiency working with Maya/Motion Builder, Final Draft/Movie Magic Pro.
- Have experience preparing and directing mocap shoots.
- Worked with game creation tools like Unreal and Unity.
- Team-first mentality and commitment to get the best quality into the game.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10 free games per year!
- Massage every three weeks
- A variety of sports activities
- Health care allowance
- Pension Scheme