This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join their talented team at a very exciting time on an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world title.
They are looking for a Character Technical Artist will work closely with the character team, providing technical assistance and defining art workflow and pipelines alongside driving cutting-edge visuals.
- Great understanding of game engines and the technical challenges of development.
- Professional experience with 3D modelling tools including 3ds Max, Maya, and ZBrush.
- Robust technical knowledge of character art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets.
- Understanding of character rigging and skinning pipelines/workflows.
- Great communication skills, and happy to operate across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of modern procedural asset creation techniques such as Scanning & Marvellous.
- Deep interest in the newest advancements in gaming graphics and visual trends.
- Expertise with at least one programming language such as Python and C++.
- Good experience as Technical Artist in games development.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Character Artist to define and maintain art workflows.
- Research and development on character shaders.
- Work together with the animation/rigging team to ensure all character best practises are being followed.
- Help the animation team with character setups and skinning.
- Coordinate with engine team to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
- Offer guidance to character artists promoting best working practices and asset organisation.
- Provide recommendations on how to utilise new technologies and tools, implementing them into their workflow.
- Deliver clear guidance on technical performance limitations and help define character asset budgets.
- Clearly communicate and document art production pipelines.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!