Job ID: #22300
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
This studio is building a world class team of games developers to make a ground breaking open-world game! As a Character Rigger you will be working alongside the animation team, providing technical rigs as well as help them to define animation workflow and pipelines. You will be working closely with the Cinematic Director and Lead Animator to ensure that the rigs for the animation team meet functional requirements and the team’s needs.
We’re looking for a Character Rigger who understands animation production and has a genuine interest in spearheading the creation of rigs of all kinds. Someone who’s keen at working with animators and provide them with solutions that help them to produce animation work in less time. You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as they grow their animation and technical teams and define their pipeline.
• Experience in rigging and skinning characters.
• Strong knowledge of character deformations and topology.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
• Proficient Python and MEL development skills very desirable.
• Strong understanding of animation principles and an animation workflow.
• Experience in game development working with animation teams.
• Skin, build, test and maintain rigs for characters, facial, creatures, vehicles, soft props and mechanical props.
• Write support tools and scripts to support the animation pipeline using rigs.
• Work closely with the Lead Animator, Cinematic Director and Character team to ensure assets are completed at the desired quality bar and technical requirements.
• Creation & maintenance of technical documentation.
Categories: Animation , Creative
For anyone who has passion for gaming, a role as a Computer Games Tester could be the perfect match. It’s…
The competition for jobs in the games industry is fierce, and you’ll need to stay ahead of the game. By…
Autism is a highly individualistic condition, so it manifests differently in different people. Autistic people usually prefer things with structure…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom