Project: AAA Game Studio
OPM have partnered with a major AAA Games Developer with studios in both Europe and North America. The most recent expansion of the group now boasts a studio in the North of the UK.
They are known for the high quality of their programming team and as such you would be working with some of the very best in the industry.
OPM’s client is looking for a talented Character Mechanics Programmer to join development on their upcoming title.
- Professional experience as a programmer on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles from throughout the full game life cycle.
- Professional experience with modern animation techniques including layers, additive animations, state machines, blending techniques, IK, facial animation, etc.
- Professional experience with character control and locomotion systems.
- Good ability to write readable, robust and performant code in C++.
- Strong understanding of what makes a great playable character experience.
- Passionate about developing enjoyable and exciting gameplay.
- You will work alongside designers, animators, and producers to realise complex and realistic animal behavior.
- You will take part in designing and implementing character senses and needs, using and extending existing tools as well as implementing game systems related to pathfinding, decision making, group movement and locomotion.
- You will take high level design ideas and translate them into workable solutions.
- You will join the other engineers in developing and maintaining their proprietary Engine.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience with ranged and melee combat systems.
- Professional experience making control schemes on gamepad controllers.
- Professional experience working with game physics.
- Professional experience with collision detection and spatial querying.
- Professional experience with profiling and optimisation.
- Knowledge of asset pipelines for animation content, such as data representation, compression, processing, aggregation, meta data tagging, etc.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!