This vacancy offers a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC and Console Projects
OPM’s client is looking for a talented Character Artist to join their experienced and passionate team on multiple exciting, AAA projects. The successful candidate will enjoy working on a multitude of projects and will happily embrace the wide range of stylistic requirements involved.
- Possess a keen eye for art and the ability to work in a variety of styles.
- Remain up to date with modern processes in the character art pipeline.
- The capability to clearly document any workflows you are involved in developing.
- The capability to schedule your time to meet project deadlines.
- Collaborate with the concept and rigging teams to bring characters to life in a practical way and to help identify and address any potential issues.
- Be highly self-motivated, proactive, and work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Possess a strong character focused portfolio that demonstrates your character creation workflow.
- Capable of demonstrating experience in each stage of the character creation process.
- Experience of working with game engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4.
- A good understanding of the game development process.
- Transfer your high poly models into low poly models that adhere to required guidelines.
- Have a good knowledge of creating efficient meshes that are good for performance.
- Understand and be experienced in the baking pipeline in order to produce high quality in-game assets.
- Produce well laid out, high quality textures suitable for both traditional and PBR pipelines.
- Produce readable documentation for techniques and pipelines for the character production process.
- Produce work files that are easily used by others.
- Work closely with the concept team by highlighting and providing solutions to any design problems before the modelling.
- Collaborate with rigging and animation to ensure that your models work well in motion.
- Work alongside the Lead Character Artist and other disciplines on preproduction tasks.
- Help set the standard for model creation for the project.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!