Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Character Artist – Multi-Platform Games – Manchester
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23634 Posted: 2 years ago
Our client is looking for an exceptionally skilled Character Artist. If you’ve got a portfolio showing a love for creating sci-fi and futuristic scenes with a broad range of props and environments that help bring life to a game world. Working mainly in 3D, you’ll need to have a good understanding of all aspects of game art creation & optimisation and be comfortable working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working alongside the lead artist, the candidate will be on a current project in production and will form part of the highly skilled art team.
- Create high quality characters that meet the vision set by the Art Director.
- Ability to follow closely concept art and think creatively to solve artistic challenges.
- Sculpt detailed characters and be able to deliver a clean optimised mesh ready for animation.
- Create textures and materials that are both optimal for games and convincing to look at.
- Ensure characters created follow the given art direction and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications.
- Work closely with animators to ensure characters are modelled and weighted according to requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with Leads across all disciplines.
- Proficiency in 3D packages such as Max/Maya/Modo.
- Highly skilled in Zbrush and retopology.
- Excellent texturing skills in both Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR workflow in Substance painter/designer and Quixel mixer.
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity.
- A portfolio demonstrating outstanding and compelling characters, both high and low poly.
- Good level of technical ability.
- Ability to rig characters desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Well organised and autonomous.
- Extensive industry experience and worked on at least 1 shipped game.
Categories: Art , Creative