Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Character Artist – Mobile Games – Brighton
Location: Brighton, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM’s Client are looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join the team at their mobile studio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within our highly talented and creative team on an exciting AAA mobile game.
- In depth level of experience using Maya, to include modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering.
- Experienced at Retopology and efficient UV layout.
- Easy going attitude – being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
- Ability to communicate and work with artists, coders & designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Prepared to learn new tools during production.
- Proactive in sharing information and assets.
- A keen gamer and an appreciation of the visuals and user experience on all platforms from mobile to consoles.
- Ideally, you’ll have good demonstrable commercial experience.
- Understanding of rigging, articulation and how topology can affect deformation.
- Optimisation of characters and creatures to support each game platform.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer / Painter.
- We make AAA quality games that have to be intuitive and slick. You would need to be hungry to make them even better!
- Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing and painting is beneficial.
- Experience in Rigging Characters and Physics setups.
- Experience in MEL, Python.
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal.
Categories: Art , Creative