Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Character Artist – AAA Games – Edinburgh
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM’s client are a huge global games developer who have worked on some of the biggest franchises of all time. Ideally you’ll already have a extensice experience modelling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of characters and creatures to console game specifications. We are looking for a specific ability to represent realistic humans and clothing drapery to the very highest standard, executed with flair and a keen observational eye.
- Works within Character art asset production for all of our global titles.
- Works with Art Direction and Senior Artists to achieve task creative and production goals whilst working under own initiative.
- Work with the Character and Technical Art teams to create balanced, pragmatic and timely solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a sense of humour and passion for making great game art in a team setting.
- Ability to work with bespoke engine toolsets, defined asset workflows, and contribute to overall character department goals and working practices.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional digital sculpting skills and understanding of both human and creature anatomy; garment and clothing drapery and garment construction detailing; and clothing accessories, as they relate explicitly to specific real-world references and individual concepts, mood boards and directed styling cues.
- Excellent ability to use a PBR pipeline and tools for clean, organised and impactful texturing of assets.
- Consistent delivery of high quality art: on-spec and on-time.
- A comprehensive modelling and texturing portfolio showing 3D character art to a very high standard, with specific ability in the representation of realistic human anatomy and garments/drapery.
- Extensive experience using 3DStudio Max for 3D modelling and Photoshop for texturing.
- Exceptional sculpting ability in ZBrush and deep knowledge of related Marvellous Designer workflow for digital clothing production.
- A full understanding of all current generation production workflows as they pertain to character art asset production – including an understanding of PBR/Lighting pipelines and shader tools.
- A keen understanding of the human body and facial anatomy; form, structure and silhouette in respect of economical and appropriate modelling for game target assets and polycounts.
- Has a detail-obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps and surface patterns, and excellent understanding of the value of UV space.
- Extensive development experience, ideally having shipped PS4/XBox One console titles as a character artist.
- An inherent appreciation and understanding of fashion and street style, and era-specific culture as they relate to costuming and dress.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Great interpersonal skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other dependent departments
Categories: Art , Creative