Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Senior Character Art – Sweden – AAA Games
Location: Stockholm, Sweden Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #24828 Posted: 4 months ago
Project: AAA Games
Our client is seeking a Senior Character Artist to be responsible for the creation and quality as well as planning and prioritization of the outsourced characters.
- Extensive experience working as a Character artist within games
- Experience working on at least 2+ published AAA games, and in a Senior level role for 1+
- A great sense of anatomy, scale and proportions, materials, colour, and light
- Excellent experience and knowledge working with shaders, pipeline and PBR
- Familiarity and interest in both technical setups and mechanical functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with demonstrated experience in creating realistic looking assets.
- Good knowledge of customisation systems, both in their technical setup and asset authoring
- Modelling, texturing, and completion of in-game models
- Working with shaders and content setup
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Identifying operational and technical aspects of real-life assets
- Participate in design choices and communicate with colleagues, managers, and vendors
- Work closely with the team and mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Maintaining and evolving the 3D asset pipeline.
- Solid experience working with outsource teams and mentoring artist through daily feedback and documentations.
- Expertise in game production and have a proven ability to problem-solve, schedule and monitor tasks
- Familiar with project management software, e.g., Jira, Confluence and Shotgun
- Great with time estimations, assessments, and prioritizing
- Knowledgeable with Maya, Z-brush, and Photoshop
- Photogrammetry experience
- Strong knowledge in Substance designer and Painter
- Great understanding of customization
- Familiarity working with Unreal, Unity or similar game engine
- Capability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive
- Structured and technical with experience in outsource management
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!
Categories: Art , Creative