Job Type: Permanent
Genre: Console Video Games
My client was founded in 2009 and is a premier games developer of world class console video games. Work has begun on a new project and they are looking for an experienced and passionate Character Art & Animation Manager to manage, collaborate and contribute to all stages of the animations, characters and cinematics pipeline.
- A portfolio that demonstrates character modelling, sculpting and 3D animations skills
- Experience with characters skinning and rigging
- Experience with 3ds Max, Maya or Motionbuilder pipelines
- Previously shipped titles as an art department manager or art lead
- Ability to successfully deconstruct broad feature goals into prioritised tasks.
- Able to build consensus on overall goals and balance resource allocation based on project goals and individual ability
- Passion for character design, storytelling and animation
- Directly manage the team responsible for animations, characters, cinematics and concept art. Work with production to define the art schedule and establish procedures and expectations.
- Maintain overall art vision and quality across all departments through style guides, paintovers, peer review, and regular feedback.
- Create and maintain art production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
- Collaborate with technical art and programming teams to help to develop new tools, engine features, and workflow changes.
- Collaborate with characters and animation team to help to create visually stunning 3D animations, characters and cinematics
- Proactively develop the skills of the team’s artists, including mentoring, suggesting educational opportunities, and generally advocating professional development.
- Coordinate with and manage outsource partners for timely delivery, as well as parity with internal art style and quality.
- Experience developing games for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Experience with realistic characters and facial animations
- Experience with rapid-development languages like C# and Python.
Interested in finding out more? Call me direct on +44 (0) 1206 214425.