This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Visual Effects Studio
OPM are working with a well-known visual effects company based in London seeking an experienced Unreal Engine Tools Programmer to join their new team.
The studio creates multi-touch interactive tables/walls with dynamic content and interfaces for a wide range of clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled developer with a background in either Virtual Production, Games, Interactive, VR development to help design, implement, enhance, and ensure the proper functioning of tools that will expand the engine’s potential, helping improve the effectiveness of production teams.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Good professional experience with Python.
- Good professional experience with UE4.
- Demonstrable experience of tools developed, utilised, and documented within a team environment.
- Good technical problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing knowledge.
- Extremely organised with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Deep passion for emerging real-time technologies for linear and interactive content creation.
- Design and implement features in-engine and evaluate their viability to enhance the production pipeline.
- Develop and debug code, with documentation and support.
- Profile and optimise code to an approved design strategy.
- Integrate and support plugins for third-party applications such as DCC and productivity tools including Maya, Substance, compilation, build process, etc.
- Collaborate with CG artists and technical directors to understand their practices and workflows, proactively looking for opportunities where tools can bring enhancements.
- Design tools with instinctive, artist friendly, user interfaces capable of wrapping complex backend systems.
- Peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Ensure designs are conscious of scheduling parameters, by engaging with production.
- Research innovative ideas to increase efficiency and satisfy technical requirements.
- Mentor other engineers as necessary to increase their abilities and productivity.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Solid professional experience in software programming, preferably in the video game industry.
- Understanding of real-time rendering, rasterisation, skinning, animation, etc.
- Strong understanding of CG with respect to VFX or Video Games.
- OpenCV, GPU programming experience.
- Strong math and physics skills.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!