Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
C++ Software Engineer – AAA Games – Sports IP – Madrid
Location: Madrid, Spain Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23298 Posted: 2 years ago
To deliver major online gaming components and features for two sports franchises with a focus on code quality, extensibility as well as testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will be required to design, implement and support next generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Write code and assist in the design and implement interfaces for game systems utilizing C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop and implement complex modifications to applications as needed.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity across locations.
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate, design, and implement improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and optimize them.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Extensive development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus.
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- C1 equivalent level of English
Categories: Programming , Technical