This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location
Project: F2P Mobile Games
OPM’s client is seeking a highly motivated Server Programmer who will join an in-studio team in the creation and support of a midcore mobile strategy free-to-play games, currently in development.
- Strong understand of various protocols such as HTTP and Sockets.
- Comfortable in creating RESTful web services using MVC Web API.
- Strong knowledge about databases and MySql or comparable databases.
- Strong ability in server-side resource profiling, optimisation and debugging.
- Professional experience building synchronous client and server systems.
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB.
- Outstanding programming skills with C#.
- Fundamental understanding of .net core.
- AWS knowledge.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Flexible approach to work, able to adjust to changes, with a result driven mindset.
- Fluent English communication skills
- Passionate about gaming and games development.
- Develop various components for online games that can support multi-million user bases.
- Write clean, robust, reusable code.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Mentor other members on programming issues and concepts.
- Create optimal architecture for web and mobile based games using Unity as client-side tech.
- Reuse existing components and technology, rather than re-inventing them again.
- Work with leads and production staff to organise the team to be effective and empowered.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience with mobile game and social game development.
- Degree in technology, related fields, any other training, or comparable experience.
- A competitive salary and step by step relocation support
- VISA assistance
- Working at a highly reputable world-renowned developer
- Career progression and development plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!