This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
Our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment, who are currently working on a variety of well-established IPs.
They are seeking an experienced C++ Programmer to join the reputable team. In addition to experience and skill, our client place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
This is a full-time position based in Middlesbrough, however, can be on-boarded remotely initially due to COVID.
- Solid professional experience in the games industry
- Extensive professional experience with Unity and knowledge of C++
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Proactive in your work, with a positive attitude
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English language skills, both verbal and written
- Superb communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Solid maths skills
- Professional experience with profiling and optimisation techniques
- Professional experience with multi-threaded programming
- Understanding and experience with other game engines such as Unreal Engine 4
- Professional experience with post-launch product development and delivery
- Professional experience in an Agile development environment
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, or mathematics.
- Passionate about games and the gaming industry
- A portfolio of hobby projects
- You will design, develop, write, test, and implement systems and game code
- You will test and enhance game-play features and systems throughout development
- You will estimate tasks and provide high quality code to that schedule
- You will perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- You will help create technical design specifications
- You will collaborate with designers, artists and publishing as necessary to create the highest possible quality games
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!