OPM are recruiting for a Business Analysis Manager to join an International Business Planning Team for sales and marketing departments within a global games developer responsible for many AAA titles based in South-East UK. You will report to the Director of Business Analysis, and work within a team of 5 analysts you must possess a high level of business acumen with a commercial mind set. You will have one direct report (business analyst).
- Participate in the physical and digital budget process and monthly rolling forecasts for both physical and digital titles. This will include contributing towards the creation of standard forecasting models to be used for new release titles, any subsequent potential reforecasts based on product performance and changing title expectations.
- Help with entry of the budget and forecasts in to the Hyperion planning system. Development of ‘robust process’ and reporting to ensure all possible data entry errors are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Assisting in the regular auditing of information disseminated by the Business Analysis team and where appropriate to supplement this with the creation of new templates, or the redesign of existing templates. Consolidation and standardisation of reporting where appropriate between the 2 labels.
- Help develop the creation of appropriate working instructions for all core business functions from within the team.
- Build relationships with the appropriate stakeholders at internal labels becoming a ‘go to’ point of contact for each. Help support their information requirements.
- Development and growth of potential new areas of analysis and understanding which the team can then share with the business. This should be across both the digital and physical market place and supplemented by data currently stored within the data warehouse.
- Presentation of data to the Senior Management Team based in the South-East UK.
- Produce various reports, such as: Sell Through Reports, Weekly Rolling Forecast, Variance analysis versus sales target by product & Dashboard creation.
- Strong business acumen with a commercial mind-set; a sound financial awareness and a track record of producing high quality analysis and meeting deadlines.
- Several years of experience as a Business Analyst with at least two years at a senior level managing people.
- Fulfilled a similar role in an interactive entertainment or media company and/or have a comprehensive understanding of the physical and digital games market.
- Advanced excel skills plus experience in building reports using report writing tools such as OBI or Business Objects. HFM or similar SAP systems experience is desirable.
- Used to pulling data from systems and be proficient at analysing numbers.
- Experience building reports, creating new dashboards and can fully utilise the data warehouse.
- Familiar with financial processes and understand financial terminology – possibly CIMA qualified or part-qualified. An ACCA background would not be unacceptable providing the candidate has worked in the broader commercial field of business analysis rather than in a traditional finance role. An FP&A background could be suitable.
- Analytical/problem solving skills & can draw high-level business conclusions & trends from financial/statistical data.
- Experience working closely with key business stakeholders (sales and marketing) and will be confident preparing and presenting results back to a senior management team, taking feedback and communicating complex analyses in an easy to understand format to sales and finance leads and the executive teams throughout the business.
- Can build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders in the other multiple international studios.
In exchange for your hard work, the company offers a fun working environment as well as a competitive salary, private healthcare, 25 days’ holiday and other benefits.
To be considered, call Catherine on +44 (0) 1206 214416 or apply now!!