Job ID: #22277
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
The Build Engineer position will report to either a Lead or Director in the programming team. Build Engineers are responsible for ensuring the day-to-day stability of the game by working closely with the QA department to ensure timely bug-fixes from the rest of the development team and to give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team. They are also expected to be responsible for maintaining and improving the build process itself. A build engineer should have some understanding of best-practice and standard techniques in build system management will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
• Liaise with QA and development teams to integrate critical bug-fixes and features into builds.
• Maintain and improve build machines and our WAF and Jenkins build processes.
• Handle simple merge and conflict issues.
• Develop scripts to automate common processes.
• Give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team.
• Experience with asset management system such as Perforce.
• Experience with build systems such as Jenkins.
• Intermediate level knowledge of C++ and Python.
• Intermediate level AWS management skills an advantage.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Categories: Programming , Technical
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom