Job ID: #22277
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
The Build Engineer position will report to either a Lead or Director in the programming team. Build Engineers are responsible for ensuring the day-to-day stability of the game by working closely with the QA department to ensure timely bug-fixes from the rest of the development team and to give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team. They are also expected to be responsible for maintaining and improving the build process itself. A build engineer should have some understanding of best-practice and standard techniques in build system management will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
• Liaise with QA and development teams to integrate critical bug-fixes and features into builds.
• Maintain and improve build machines and our WAF and Jenkins build processes.
• Handle simple merge and conflict issues.
• Develop scripts to automate common processes.
• Give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team.
• Experience with asset management system such as Perforce.
• Experience with build systems such as Jenkins.
• Intermediate level knowledge of C++ and Python.
• Intermediate level AWS management skills an advantage.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Do you have a passion for video games and want to design one yourself? If you have a creative mind…
Video game industry jobs are highly sought after, partially influenced by our experiences playing them as children when we were…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom