Job ID: #22851
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for a Build Engineer to work in their Code team to maintain and improve their studio build system for their world-class, AAA racing games. The role involves working with the code team to provide the wider team with build pipeline and workflow tools and advocate best practices. It's a varied role with a great level of technical expertise, influence and value to enjoy as a key player in the project team.
The role will involve the maintenance and support of many build tools such as version control systems (Plastic SCM and Perforce), continuous integration systems (Jenkins), asset conditioning and compile tools. As well as writing new scripts and tools to improve the current build system.
Their teams are highly collaborative and always keep abreast of cutting-edge programming techniques and advancements. Developing their own in-house engine and tools development means that their coders are able to get to rare new depths of software expertise.
• Educated to BSc Degree level or equivalent in an applicable technical field such as Computer Science or Games Development.
• Experience with any scripting languages such as Powershell or Python
• Understanding of Source Control/Continuous Integration tools such as Perforce, PlasticSCM, TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar.
• Maintain existing studio build infrastructure.
• Work with QA Engineers to implement and maintain Automated Tests.
• Experience of working with MS Visual Studio.
• Identify issues with studio build infrastructure.
• Fix issues with studio build infrastructure.
• Updating third party infrastructure tools.
• Implement new tools and features for the studios build systems.
• Identify issues with team and individual’s workflow and build tools.
• Manage internal and release build deployment.
• Experience using cross compile build tools such as CMake or Jamplus
• Experience with large code projects particularly game projects
Categories: Programming , Technical
We’re delighted to support Safe In Our World and help bring awareness to the effects and signs of stress and…
For anyone who has a love of gaming, being a video game tester could be your dream job. However, being…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom