Job ID: #10570
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-established developer of high-end interactive and immersive Console and VR experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applying a deep understanding of Wwise audio API and tools to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
• Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
• Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels from production use to player-facing code
• Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability and maintainability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for an extensive period, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
• Focussed on Audio Quality – you are able to work closely with audio designers to implement and actively develop an efficient workflow that is capable of creating top quality game audio.
• Technology Leadership – Able to propose and develop a clear audio technical strategy and code architecture for the project that works in the shared codebase.
• Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
• Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
• Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
• Audio Middleware. In-depth knowledge of at least one audio middleware, such as Wwise or Fmod.
• Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
• Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
Categories: Programming , Technical
I’m thrilled that we’ve received this award from Feefo. It means a lot because it’s based on feedback from our…
Senior Character Artist – Lytham, UK – Claire An outstanding external art studio delivering world-class character and assets to leading…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom