Job ID: #10570
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-established developer of high-end interactive and immersive Console and VR experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applying a deep understanding of Wwise audio API and tools to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
• Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
• Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels from production use to player-facing code
• Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability and maintainability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for an extensive period, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
• Focussed on Audio Quality – you are able to work closely with audio designers to implement and actively develop an efficient workflow that is capable of creating top quality game audio.
• Technology Leadership – Able to propose and develop a clear audio technical strategy and code architecture for the project that works in the shared codebase.
• Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
• Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
• Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
• Audio Middleware. In-depth knowledge of at least one audio middleware, such as Wwise or Fmod.
• Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
• Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
Categories: Programming , Technical
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom