This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM’s client is a currently seeking a talented and experience Audio Director to join their passionate team.
The successful candidate will be a key player between the sound design and game vision and will combine the two into one immersive and realistic sound experience.
- Experienced sound designer with strong experience working in the AAA video game industry, having worked on a minimum of one shipped title, in a leading role
- Leadership ability, capable of managing an in-house team of sound designers, and guide them with qualified and constructive feedback
- Excellent sound design skills, regarding technical understanding and creative solutions
- Background working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.)
- Professional recording experience – location and studio-based
- Experience recording, integrating and mixing audio for game projects
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, and work solution-oriented
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and an excellent understanding of the industry’s competitive landscape
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on Youtube)
- Create and own the audio direction and sound implementation that aligns with the general game vision, established in collaboration with the game management team
- Outline workflows, structures and the organization of all audio related content
- Produce prototypes and sound intentions, proving audio set-ups and technical choices while identifying needs
- Produce sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc
- Mixing – you will be the owner of the final quality in sound design and implementation
- Collaborate with programmers and designers to make sure excellent audio reflecting the game vision
- Make use of IOI’s proprietary tools setting up audio (Wwise and our engine Glacier)
- Focus on technical development and implementation of sound, collaborate with audio programmers and spar on solution iteration
- Establish benchmarks for sound design quality for the internal and external teams
- Make sure that game audio playback is as intended and fit for commercial release
- Teach, mentor and coach a team of sound designers to deliver on the assignments at hand and within the established quality standard
- Become part of the recruitment process and train new sound designers in the proper use of our tools
- Background with a sandbox storytelling game
- Experience supervising orchestral and dialogue recording
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!