Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Associate PR Manager – London, UK – AAA Games
Location: London, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
To work in conjunction with the Senior PR manager to create and oversee the execution of UK PR plans and activity within the UK and support the local offices and distribution partners within the EMEA territories. This includes maintaining relationships with UK media to secure promotional coverage, preparing and disseminating materials and game code to territory offices and assisting in the planning and execution of local and global media events.
- The Associate PR Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of specialist media UK PR activity for a series of allocated titles.
- Cultivate new and nurture existing UK specialist media contacts, in order to establish effective working relationships across the media spectrum.
- Manage the contact database, seeking to expand the studio’s coverage outside of the traditional media.
- Manage UK press on daily press office duties, including but not limited to, updating the press site, arranging coverage with media, organizing code distribution and creating coverage reports.
- Act as the key point of contact for specialist UK press office related enquiries.
- Work closely with the central marketing team to ensure UK PR activity integrates into the wider marketing mix.
- Regularly synch up with the central Community Managers to ensure UK PR messaging is consistent across all social activity.
- Report back on UK PR activity into the wider Marketing and Sales teams.
- Effectively support the management of any external UK PR agency (as and when required).
- Deliver high-quality written content for messaging, press releases, media materials and statements.
- Organize and maintain coverage and clipping files.
- Communicate weekly PR activity through weekly coverage reports and regular meetings with Sales and Marketing team.
- Assist with first and third-party licensors where relevant.
- Support the Senior PR Manager in arranging and managing the studio’s participation in events and producer tours across EMEA, attending as and when required
- Attend trade events such as E3 and GamesCom as and when required to manage media appointments.
- Working closely with the Senior PR Manager to implement plans with local teams and distribution partners across EMEA and acting as a central point of contact for partners daily.
- Assist the Senior PR Manager with the planning, development, coordination and execution of EMEA PR campaigns.
- Liaise with the US PR team to formulate global PR strategy for relevant titles.
- To perform additional duties where required.
- Ensuring ethical business practices are carried out at all times.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to work across job levels and cultures.
- Willing to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Ability to negotiate with all parties to bring about win-win situations.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a subject encompassing Public Relations, or similarly qualified by experience and ability.
- Extensive experience in a PR role, preferably within the Video Games industry.
- Evidence of good working relationships with relevant UK media and a strong network of industry contacts.
- History of managing UK campaigns essential; experience managing EMEA PR campaigns an advantage.
- Interest in video games and / or entertainment products preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online environment.
- Able to anticipate and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Able to work on multiple, simultaneous projects and to work to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Prepared to occasionally work unsociable hours, e.g. attending evening or weekend events or travel requiring overnight stay.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Show initiative in all tactical, creative work, and as a member of the marketing department.
- Understand all games within the group’s portfolio.
- Knowledge of key competitors, awareness of competitor activity, and the industry an advantage.
Categories: Commercial , PR