My client is an established videogame developer creating cutting-edge games on all major platforms. Best known as the creative force behind a multi-million selling franchise, this studio is an established UK developer with a track record of delivering quality titles.
You will be Responsible for assisting the Producer on a title or sequence of titles in project planning, tracking and team management. This will require high-levels of commitment, tenacity and project management to succeed.
- Take responsibility for all code submissions. Including build notes, bug database change notes and providing QA with relevant direction on new builds.
- Co-ordinate with external producers regarding build schedule, build delivery and bug fixes.
- Work with the Producer, Game Director and development team to create the project development plans.
- Assist in tracking and controlling the project development plan, schedules and budgets.
- Assist in identifying risk areas, resource deficiencies and requirements of the projects.
- Assist the development team with design documentation and tuning gameplay.
- At the Producer’s discretion to manage external resources including, outsourced development, video editing, audio recording, audio editing and localisation.
- Assist the QA team in the development of test plans.
- Take responsibilities for taking minutes from meetings, distributing minutes and assigning/tracking action points from the minutes.
- Providing support for the Producer to ensure all communications with external parties are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure no communication is unanswered for longer than 24hrs.
- Ensure external QA are supplied with all relevant information for testing when delivering new builds
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Must be educated to at least A-level standard.
- Relevant Degree is desirable.
- MBA would be considered very desirable.
- Extensive years industry experience in a relevant development role.
- Knowledge and experience of Scrum and Agile
- Must have experience of working within a video game development team, preferably at the Assistant Producer level.
- Team player – evidence of working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen gamer!
- Ideally an in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following: Programming, Art, Design or QA.
- Particularly interested in Petrol heads.