Our client is a well-known and respected Games development studio, based in Oxford. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Producer. You will work on multiple projects assisting the producer in managing the production of the projects, keeping teams positive, informed and focused whilst providing support to keep the game moving forward.
Proven, professional relevant working experience is required, either in a professional games environment or another creative digital production field. Project management experience with a good understanding of scheduling, planning, tracking and resource allocation would be a benefit. This role would also suit a junior developer with a good grounding in the development process who wants to move more into the scheduling and reporting side of things.
- Liaising between the studio’s internal teams and supporting the work of the development partners ensuring a healthy communication flow exists.
- Ongoing assessment of production documents and Jira issues identifying bottlenecks and dependency issues, and ensuring the external partners are able to deliver on them.
- Reviewing builds and milestone deliverables producing reports against the contracted milestones and production documents such as the GDD.
- Making builds and build notes available to QA that are of a suitable quality and ensuring that QA have all relevant information that will allow them to test efficiently.
- Scheduling elements of the project with the assistance of external teams and manage communication and deliverables between them.
- Involvement in key meetings, document production and tracking action points & risks on Confluence.
- Planning localisation requirements and delivery of assets to external development partners.
- Responsible for ensuring project backups compile, filing and archiving game assets.
- Resolving issues and meeting production objectives and deadlines.
- Presenting the game to stakeholders and when called upon at press events.
- Co-ordinating the release of screenshots and demos with the marketing team and development partners.
- Produce materials for the concept/product proposal applications.
- Produce materials for game manuals and guides.
- Age Rating applications for all sales territories ensuring certificates are received ahead of submission periods.
- Liaising with the Community Support team making them aware of potential issues as well as helping them solve reported issues.
- Good knowledge of Confluence, Jira, MS Excel, and MS Word (existing MS Project knowledge beneficial) and source control systems.
- Excellent teamwork, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly clear and accurate verbal and written language, contributing to good working relationships throughout the team and external partners.
- Highly organised and dependable with a positive, helpful, “can-do” attitude.
- Perform well under pressure, able to schedule and plan ahead, setting and prioritising objectives, inspiring, supervising and delegating where necessary in order to deliver results.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to troubleshoot and think outside the box.
- Self-confident and motivated, able to cope well and act decisively and sensitively under pressure.
- Determined to make both a great game and a great work environment.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi task.