Project: AAA Games Studio
OPM’s client is looking for a Assistant Art Director to collaborates directly with Discipline Leads and Art Direction to deliver the most coherent Art Direction, and exciting game experience possible. You will make strategic decisions, help shape the Art Direction and Art Team and set a culture of attention to quality and exciting collaborations.
- Shipped at least one title as a Art Discipline Lead.
- A minimum of five shipped titles credited as an Artist.
- Strong foundational art skills including an excellent understanding of shape, form, composition and colour theory.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and high competency in 3D and/or 2D asset creation.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- Exemplary communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas in plain English.
- The ability to solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning.
- Deep knowledge of various video game Art sub-disciplines.
- Solid comprehension of PBR workflows and their effect on final image quality.
- Proficiency with industry standard 3D modelling tools and painting/illustration software.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- Support Art Direction and collaborate and within the project’s leadership team to ensure that the game’s visuals serve game play and narrative needs while technical constraints are adhered to.
- Champion the Aesthetic vision, Style and quality expectations trough constructive actionable feedback and visual benchmarks.
- Gather reference material, create style guides, mood boards and other documentation to support the visual direction.
- Oversee the Art team’s pipelines and processes.
- Work with Production to plan and prioritise the project’s Art deliverables and sanity check Art Scope.
- Work to highlight and mitigate any issues that may put the project at risk.
- Participate in hiring and developing a healthy creative team culture.
- Manage, coach and develop the Art team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals.
- Delegate and assign work to team members, encouraging autonomy where possible.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!