Job Type: Permanent 2 Year Contract
Projects: AAA Console Games
My client has an impressive back catalogue of action packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
OPM client is looking for an exceptionally talented Outsource Manager who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms. This role will involve working with the Environment Art and Asset Art Teams to set up and manage all of their outsourcing in these areas.
- Be the point of contact and owner of the relationship with their outsource partners.
- Set up long-term workflows and processes that allow for efficient, flexible and timely delivery of high numbers of high quality assets.
- Work with the internal teams
- Work with their outsource partners and production to establish a schedule and roadmap for the completion of assets to make sure project’s dates are upheld.
- Setup internal team reviews, collate and share feedback amongst their outsource partners within a defined sign off process.
- Work proactively to manage the logistical side of complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Maintain healthy relationships with outsourcing partners and work with them to implement high standards (technical and aesthetical) efficiently.
- Work with the Senior Producers and Studio Management to balance quality, time and costs while maintaining the studios incredibly high standards.
- Pro-actively identify and resolve risks to both the project and outsource pipeline and ensure that all security measures are in place.
- Work with the Leads and Directors to create and assess the asset briefs required to ensure the quality of assets for the final product.
- Solid understanding of Next Gen pipelines for asset creation.
- An excellent understanding of the Office suite i.e. Excel, Word.
- Experience of bug tracking systems such as Jira.
- Experience using version control systems such as Perforce.
- Experience using asset management tools such as Shotgun.
- Knowledge of using project management and scheduling software.
- Experience of managing Outsourcing in the games industry.
- Must have worked to coordinate outsourced material on multiple console titles and ideally this will have included environment art and asset art.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile project management and the different approaches to the scheduling of asset production.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple requests from different people while working towards a deadline.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Be a keen gamer.