Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Art Director – St Petersburg – AAA Games
Location: St Petersburg, Russia Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 1 year ago
The Art Director is uniquely qualified to understand the big picture of game development. He drives the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production. The Art Director gathers metrics, challenges and sets standards & guidelines, understands data and work flow, thinks strategically, and defines and directs the development process.
- Define, hold and drive the projects artistic vision in line with the overall creative direction for the game, oversee quality management
- Oversee and manage risks and problems within art discipline
- Develop efficient and productive art pipelines and establish metrics that ensure artistic goals are met within technical performance targets
- Track the advancement of the work to be done by his team to ensure the quality and timeliness of the deliverables
- Involve in people management in case of evaluating professional skills of internal/external candidates. Responsible for hiring decision making in cases for hiring art specialists
- Mentor Associate Art Directors and Senior Artists. Offers regular guidance and direction.
- Conduct Art knowledge sharing sessions or training classes to raise the quality bar within the studio.
- Extensive experience in game art production environment
- A thorough understanding of art outsourcing pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to different game engines
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, ability to communicate a vision
- Good artistic judgement
- Ability to maintain good relations with colleagues, good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence
- Stress and change management skills
- Upper-intermediate English.
Categories: Art , Creative