Project: AAA Games
Are you an experienced Lead Artist or Art Director looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
You will be responsible for defining art styles while specifying the visual standards and being actively involved in the day-to-day art production. It is the Art Director’s responsibility to collaborate with discipline leads to set quality standards for the game using in-depth knowledge of techniques and technical approaches.
You will be working on an exciting AAA project within an experienced team with a proven record of delivering quality products. The ideal candidate should have a strong history demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, and a drive for excellence.
- Experience managing artists remotely or in a hybrid working environment
- Extensive leadership experience, shipping 3D game titles on multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of all art pipelines (Characters, Environments, Animation, VFX, Shaders & Materials, Lighting, UI, Rendering, and Performance)
- Have a creative eye and aesthetic judgment to help drive and critique the visual quality
- Exceptional understanding of game development process from concept and pre-production, through production, to finalising and optimisation
- Strong technical understanding of common and proprietary tools and technology used for content creation
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, considering scheduling and budget limitations
- Solid knowledge of industry standard task tracking software such as Jira, Excel, and MS Project
- Experience managing suppliers such as mo-cap, outsourcing, and testing
- Collaborate with the Code, Design and Art teams to identify, research and help implement innovative ideas and technical approaches needed for each projects vision
- Drive research and development into new software and art techniques through an understanding of emerging trends and technologies in games, media, and visual effects
- Establish a solid creative vision in a variety of art styles
- Define best practices, workflows and pipelines as well as develop and improve existing processes
- Accurately scope a projects art requirement
- Inspire, mentor and train artists to ensure solid working foundations and career development
- Establish clear in-game budgets and ensure proper game performance and optimisation.
- Be involved with the recruitment needs of your team
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!.