This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is seeking for a talented Art Director to join their team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and exceptionally talented Art Director to join our clients rapidly growing team of industry veterans and future industry leaders, helping them create high impact, exciting games.
- Shipped various, high quality console game releases in the role of Art Director.
- A portfolio establishing artistic direction capability and professional experience in 3D and/or 2D asset creation.
- Have a creative eye and aesthetic judgement to help drive and critique visual quality.
- Experience developing new IP.
- A strong understanding of the tools and workflow required to create something amazing and the ability to communicate this to all technical and art disciplines to action them.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- The ability to solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning.
- Deep knowledge of various video game Art sub-disciplines.
- Solid comprehension of PBR workflows and their effect on final image quality.
- Proficiency with industry standard 3D modelling tools and painting/illustration software.
- Worked with industry standard asset management and tracking software such as Perforce, Jira and Shotgun.
- Define, own, articulate and champion the aesthetic vision for the project and make sure that quality expectations are aligned throughout the Studio development team.
- Collaborate in the project’s leadership team to ensure that the game’s visuals serve the overall project’s goals whilst complying with technical constraints.
- Gather reference material, collaborate to create style guides, mood boards and other documentation to support the visual direction.
- Communicate the art vision, internally and externally. Sell the vision to get the team excited and bought in at all levels.
- Work with art leads establishing best practices to ensure the best techniques and tools are used to deliver high quality art on projects.
- Collaborate with the Code, Design, Audio and Art teams to identify and help implement new ideas and art features that can push our games to their fullest extent in all areas.
- Work with Marketing to provide assets that best represent the games.
- Work with the Art Leads to ensure their teams create high quality content in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Build out the art team through recruiting and external development partners.
- Review the project Art team’s output, giving actionable constructive feedback.
- Manage, coach and develop the Art team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals.
- Develop great working relationships and maintain a healthy, creative team culture.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!