Location: London & South East
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: AAA Console Games
Note: This studio can sponsor a VISA but the candidate must have the required skills and experience in video games.
OPM’s client is a fun, friendly and relaxed studio. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. They have regular get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Benefits of working for the studio include:
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
My client is now looking for an exceptionally talented Art Director to help them build amazing visuals for an upcoming title. You’ll be inspiring the team and maintaining the quality bar, while collaborating with the discipline leads to ensure the game looks great and plays fantastically. You will help establish the vision for the game and will be a key point of contact for our world-leading development partners.
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals
- Drive the visual quality in conjunction with your Lead Artists
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Motivate & inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art leadership team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the character team
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design (with excellent knowledge of visual composition and colour theory)
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D & 2D software and tools
- Experience managing and driving multiple disciplines including concept, environment, character and tech art, VFX and outsource management
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Planning, including creating and maintaining roadmaps, workflows and documentation
- Management of an experienced team
- Excellent prioritisation & time-management skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in developing character models and textures
- Minimum 5 shipped titles where credited as an artist
- Strong traditional art foundations including but not limited to Sculpture, Conceptual design and illustration including lighting or colour keys
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning principles
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvellous Designer a plus
Is this you? Then please send a portfolio demonstrating your skills with a CV or call Claire on +44 (0) 1206 214413
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.