Project: AAA Games Studio
OPM’s client is looking for an experienced and exceptionally talented Art Director to join us growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
The successful candidate will craft exciting creative visions, inspiring and motivating their Art teams, the wider project team and ultimately, the players.
- Shipped at least one title as a video game Art Director.
- A minimum of five shipped titles credited as an Artist.
- Strong foundational art skills including an excellent understanding of shape, form, composition, and colour theory.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and high competency in 3D and/or 2D asset creation.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- Exemplary communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas in plain English.
- The ability to solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning.
- Deep knowledge of various video game Art sub-disciplines.
- Solid comprehension of PBR workflows and their effect on final image quality.
- Proficiency with industry standard 3D modelling tools and painting/illustration software.
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- Define, own, articulate and champion the aesthetic vision for the project.
- Collaborate within the project’s leadership team to ensure that the game’s visuals serve game play and narrative needs while technical constraints are adhered to.
- Work with Production to plan and prioritise the project’s Art deliverables.
- Provide and sanity check task estimates and scope when required.
- Work to highlight and mitigate any issues that may put the project at risk.
- Review the project Art team’s output, giving actionable constructive feedback.
- Work with the Art Leads to ensure their teams create high quality content in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Oversee the Art team’s pipelines and processes.
- Set quality expectations and provide visual benchmarks.
- Gather reference material, create style guides, mood boards and other documentation to support the visual direction.
- Manage, coach and develop the Art team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals.
- Delegate and assign work to team members, encouraging autonomy where possible.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of project team members.
- Act as a representative for the project and team to any external partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a healthy creative team culture.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!