This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is an internationally renowned video game developer and publisher who constantly strive to be ahead of the curve. They are seeking a talented and experienced Art Director to join their studio in Singapore.
- A strong Portfolio / Showreel showcasing your highest quality work.
- Extensive professional experience in games development as Lead Artist or above.
- Experience on at least one full production as a Lead Artist or Art Director.
- Deep knowledge of art fundamentals and visual design.
- Superb understanding of colour theory, composition, and staging techniques.
- Great artistic understanding of modern game development workflows and pipelines.
- Deep passion and knowledge about visual design and world building.
- Superb communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Substantial expertise with Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, Unreal Engine 4 and can use game engines to showcase artwork.
- Good technical understanding of game art to make ‘best-fit’ judgements on art style.
- Good cinematographic understanding in lighting, framing, and compositing.
- Solid experience managing diverse art teams.
- Responsible for the whole visual direction of the Studio’s projects by defining and advocating the visual and artistic direction of the projects.
- Convey the art direction to the art teams via various mediums including sketches, concepts, storyboards, videos, and documentation.
- Ensure art teams keep the artistic direction and tone consistent with the defined visual direction and meeting client’s expectation.
- Oversee and motivate the art teams, to keep everyone on task, critique, and evaluate art when it comes in, provide notes for revision, and provide mock-ups.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to the teams, identify the strengths and weaknesses in your teams and to draw out the hidden potential in employees.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!