This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
Our client is seeking a talented and passionate Art Director to play a key role in the development of a new title
The successful candidate will work with the Game Director and Lead Producer, owning multiple game features and taking them from initial concept through to development and release.
- Strong experience as an artist in the games industry, with several published titles
- Previous experience of directing art teams to a proven high level of quality
- In-depth knowledge and functional experience of game creation from the practical skills of 3D modelling to the delivery of complex scenes and game worlds to AAA quality and an understanding of other key areas of the game art pipeline including:
- Production Design and Concept Art
- Lighting, Cinematography and VFX experience
- UI and 2D design
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Collaboration with the Creative Director and senior team to devise the aims for visual quality and style of the game
- The capability to create, and direct the creation of, materials that clearly convey that style and quality as targets for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with senior team members to develop and agree a visual style guide, or similar, as the bible for the creation of future materials
- The skill to consider and propose, where appropriate, new methods, techniques, and technologies to improve quality or efficiency in the production phase
- Assist the development effort in its creative aims without compromising its design, commercial and technical requirements.
- Brief individuals on the team, with the assistance of other experts as required, on the aims for the materials that they and their teams will create, and how these will work visually and technically and mesh with other game components
- Work together with senior team in the review of the game to determine the nature of any work or rework required to meet its quality goals
- Participate in continuous review and feedback of the title under development with the team.
- Create, and direct the creation of materials that are consistent with direction and artistic aims of the game, these materials could include but not limited to: Characters, Environments, Visual effects, Lighting, Cameras, Post-effects, User-interface, and Presentation Materials
- In-game and Promotional Cinematic Sequences and Videos
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!