This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC Multiplayer Games
OPM's client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Animation Programmer to help create them.
The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary agile team of animators, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement innovative gameplay features with focus on animations.
- Strong practical understanding of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- Experience solving animation and character associated challenges within game development.
- Solid knowledge of a state-of-the-art animation engine internals, and a strong interest in researching and implementing new Animation related technologies.
- Professional experience on at least one shipped title.
- You will be responsible for implementing fresh and thrilling game features with a particular focus on animation integration, playback, and fidelity.
- You will be an integral part of the Gameplay Programming team and work closely with the Animation and Design teams, helping them to realise their ambitions through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
- You will use your technical knowledge but also your understanding of aesthetic requirements to help games achieve AAA-looking animations.
- Pinpointing technical and developmental obstacles and create solutions to overcome them.
- Maintaining and extend existing animation components, tools, pipelines, and workflows.
- Using your knowledge of recent developments and upcoming techniques in the field of character animation to produce engaging gameplay experiences.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
DESIRED (good to have):
- Professional experience with low level Animation system development.
- Professional experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience developing for modern consoles & mobile.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Onsite counselling and an employee assistant program.
- Fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexitime and life assurance.
- Referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
- Total of 36 days off.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
- Cycle to work, car leasing schemes, a free car park and more.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!