Job ID: #10606
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-established developer of high-end interactive and immersive Console and VR experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing game systems that will take our character interaction and locomotion forward to the next generation
• Applying a deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4 animation and sequencer systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the functionality and suggest new approaches
• Achieving realistic human animation through combining animations, IK and other bespoke skeletal control systems
• Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific challenges
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for an extensive period, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
• Animation Guru – in-depth knowledge of several game systems, including animation and player control, in both tools/pipeline and runtime. You have a strong desire to advance the quality of high-fidelity characters.
• Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
• Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
• Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
• Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
Categories: Programming , Technical
For anyone who has passion for gaming, a role as a Computer Games Tester could be the perfect match. It’s…
The competition for jobs in the games industry is fierce, and you’ll need to stay ahead of the game. By…
Autism is a highly individualistic condition, so it manifests differently in different people. Autistic people usually prefer things with structure…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom