This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Cinematic Games
OPM’s client is a globally successful console and PC game company based in Finland. They are best known for creating cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries, pushing the limits of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects.
As Animation Director you will provide a vision for the cinematic and gameplay animation and be able to communicate this vision to your team to guarantee that it is executed on to the highest possible standard.
- Experience as an Animation Director on AAA games.
- Expertise with MotionBuilder and mocap data editing techniques for games.
- Strong skills in keyframe animation (great sense of weight, timing, and strong posing).
- Superb understanding of shape, composition, and layout as well as a strong technical understanding of game engines.
- Outstanding written and verbal English skills.
- Background in leading, managing, and mentoring teams.
- Along with the creative leadership team, will be responsible for defining the core vision of the animation for the project.
- Push for alignment with other peer teams and work with the game director to ensure proper priority calls happen, if needed. You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- Mentoring other members of the team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Guarantee creative consistency in animation across both the gameplay and narrative team to further develop and deepen the game’s characters.
- Collaborate with the Cinematic Lead, Cinematographers and the Game Director on motion capture shoots related to all narrative content to ensure consistency in motion-based performances.
- Work closely with the Development Director to define project processes and pipelines to guarantee different teams can work in efficient ways to meet their goals.
- Collaborate with the technical leadership team, character technology and animation programmers to innovate animation in order to deliver the next generation of narrative gameplay experiences.
- Experience on digital doubles and facial capture
- Great technical understanding of game engines
- Excellent quality of life in Finland.
- Affordable cost of living.
- Complete relocation support including family.
- Step by step VISA assistance.
- Competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation every year alongside public holidays and other special occasions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!