OPMs client is a games developer based in Paris.
The studio creates AAA video games with unique identities, offering a different narrative viewpoint. They are currently looking for a Animation Director to join their studio working on a globally recognised and exciting IP.
The successful candidate will take a new step in their career by supervising a highly experienced team on future themes and with equipment unparalleled in Europe.
- An extensive amount animation experience in the video game or film/3D series industry, including existing experience in a similar role.
- The games/series/films the candidate has worked on must have presented complex animation challenges, ideally including realistic facial animation.
- A very good understanding of human expressions as well as anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character design.
- A good command of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and deliver on time with a high level of quality.
- Professional and positive attitude, effective in communicating with multicultural teams.
- Professional Proficiency in English Writing/Speaking.
- In collaboration with the director, you ensure the daily follow-up of the animations produced in the studio. You define the atmosphere, style and rhythm of the sequences, ensuring unity and artistic continuity but also the rhythm of the work of the various participants;
- You supervise with 3 leads all the departments dedicated to animation: the integrated soundproof Performance Capture studio (74 Vicon T160 cameras), the body animation team and the facial team.
- You develop and document the animation specifications for our projects;
- You communicate quality expectations to the teams. You develop clear strategies, establish workflows and research documentation and visual references to help the team achieve their goals;
- You follow and validate the animations produced, in accordance with the established artistic charter;
- You learn to know the target platform, the engine and the performance capture tools in order to become a force of proposal and push the limits
- The opportunity to join experienced and passionate teams
- Work on ambitious and innovative projects
- Work on Globally Recognised and Exciting IP’s
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on + 44 (0) 1206 214425!