Job ID: #9782
OPM are thrilled to be working with an Amsterdam-based games company that seeks an experienced AI programmer to join a new internal team. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and a talented technical individual, who form will part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team exploring everything from new gameplay techniques to tools for art & terrain generation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
AI Programmers, in close collaboration with other disciplines, research and develop new character, creature and vehicle AI features and refine / extend existing technologies.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of AI techniques / tools and identify opportunities in developing trends.
• Elicit and analyse AI requirements across various disciplines (Animation, Design, etc.).
• Design and implement elegant AI systems focused upon convincing behaviour, fluent movement / navigation, and extensibility.
• Extend and refactor AI systems to improve performance, maintainability, and reliability.
• Estimate, plan, monitor and effectively prioritise tasks.
• Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues.
• Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
• Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As part of a research-oriented multi-disciplinary team, this role requires the confidence to envision and assert the implementation of new AI features, the curiosity to explore and experiment with future techniques, and the capacity discuss complex technical requirements / issues at various levels of abstraction.
• Extensive games industry (or equivalent) software development experience.
• Shipped titles in an AI (or equivalent) role.
• Experience with character / creature behavior and navigation.
• Solid proficiency in C/C++/C#, including: refactoring, optimisation, and testing.
• Confident researching / prototyping new technologies.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
• Experience developing with Unity.
• Experience with vehicle behaviour and navigation.
• String knowledge of tools such as Tensor Flow, scikit-learn, etc.
• Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
• Experience in a senior role.
• AAA / console game development experience.
• Proficiency in documentation and communication.
• Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
• Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
• Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
• Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.
Categories: Programming , Technical
OPM will be at Develop:Brighton for the conference and awards in July! This year, Kim, Daniel, Darren, Hannah, Jackie and…
Are you passionate about video games and want to try creating your own for a living? The gaming industry is…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom