Job ID: #12287
Located in one of the London boroughs, our client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate Core Tech Engineer to help create them.
The studio are well known for their multiplayer combat games that champion team play and are now looking for a Lead Audio Programmer. The Audio Programming team are responsible for creating, extending and maintaining the game audio technology built around Unreal Engine 4. The Audio Programming team work closely with the project's Core Technology team and closely with the Audio and Gameplay teams, providing them with pipelines and tools that will enable them to create high-quality games.
As an AI Programmer you will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality. Through regular communication and interaction with other team members, you will gather the requirements for, and own the implementation of, key tasks and features related to a wide range of development areas. You enjoy exploring tasks outside of your comfort zone and are comfortable solving difficult problems autonomously where required.
• Working with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the game.
• Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
• Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
• Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
• Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
• Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong practical knowledge of C++
• The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organize.
• The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
• An understanding of AI behavioral & navigational techniques used in modern games.
• A strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
• Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games and/or turn based tactical games.
• Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
• Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4.
• Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
• Experience in animation programming.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
If you have a passion for games, know multiple languages and want to help bring games to wider audience, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom