Job ID: #1516
OPM are excited to be working with this AAA games studio in the Netherlands, located in the cultural heart of Amsterdam, on one of the original 17th century canals. They are one of Europe's leading game development companies founded in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in their games ever since. They are now looking for Senior AI Programmer to join the team.
As the Senior AI Programmer, you will design and implement the systems that make their NPCs come to life. You will create the decision logic which drives fun, systemic gameplay in cooperation with systems designers. You will work with animators to make characters come to life through believable and fluid motion and assist quest designers with the creation of robust, bespoke experiences.
In addition you will research new techniques and tools that will improve the content creation workflow, and raise the bar in terms of character behaviour quality, extending and refactoring the AI code base for performance, maintainability, and reliability.
• Extensive professional C++ programming experience;
• Games industry experience as a Gameplay or AI Programmer;
• Able to cooperate productively with other disciplines such as design, animation, visual effects and sound;
• Able to use existing or new techniques to create exciting NPC gameplay;
• Service-oriented attitude;
• Strong interest in creating exciting gameplay;
• Comfortable working with a large code base;
• Able to work in a structured way, in C++, to generate easy to understand code while still keeping track of memory / performance aspects.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom