OPM are pleased to working with a Midlands based Serious Games / Simulation software developer. They are experts in developing large scale immersive simulations, 3D visualisations using virtual and augmented reality, and gamification applications, enabling their clients to better engage, train and/or support their staff and customers.
They are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Delivery Manager to lead the project delivery process, acting as the interface between the technical team and the client. Responsible for the setting and monitoring of project milestones (utilising Agile Project Management), ensuring margin is maintained and a high standard of quality across all documents, proposals, project plans and deliverables are adhered to.
- Responsible for the project delivery process, such as establishing parameters for individual project plans, setting and monitoring of key milestones and playing a key role within the initial proposals, presentations and discussion documents.
- Management and understanding of each project, taking responsibility for resolving any delivery issues that arise.
- Continuing liaison with the project team, making decisions about the direction and requirements and steering the project in line with the contract agreement.
Providing project updates to the client, management team and finance including the status, reporting and escalation of any major issues.
- Be the main interface between all key departments (Legal, Finance, Sales and Technical Development) to ensure the smooth delivery of projects and to ensure that project plans are achieved to agreed targets.
- Assist with income generation activities, including sourcing and preparing proposals as appropriate to the business as well as discussing and agreeing extra requirements with existing clients.
- Have responsibility for the ongoing facilitation and monitoring of project delivery process suggesting and implementing improvements as needed.
- Work to develop, implement and monitor a standard set of project proposal templates, milestone documents, agile project management processes and procedures and further documentation related to the future direction of the studio. To include, but not limited to: Implementation plan, Sprint definition, project kick-off template, daily stand-up meetings, roles & responsibilities register, risks, release planning, project plan & gantt chart
- Undertake line management responsibilities with assigned staff to include performance reviews, development and support as required.
- Represent the studio at meetings as required.
- Business operations/ project management and milestone tracking
- Detailed knowledge of Agile Project Management / Use of Sprints
- Significant experience of successful order to delivery operations management.
- Experience of contract management and financial knowledge based around the delivery of margin through project sales.
- A working knowledge of the Digital Media/ Serious Games sector and understanding of the associated technologies.
- Proven experience in business to business project management based around digital media products and services.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Ability to negotiate and successfully manage a contract with a client and an internal development team.
- Line Management experience.
- Demonstrable experience of successful simultaneous contract development across a range of complex projects.
- Proven and significant ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To be personally well organised and able to prioritise workload of self and others as necessary
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Strong presentations and delivery skills
- Willingness to travel through the uk and overseas
- Clean UK driving licence and access to private transport due to travel involved
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits.
To be considered, call Catherine on +44 (0) 1206 214416 or apply now!!