About the role
As Ireland’s largest games developer and the creator of free-to-play strategy MMO games. Their first game, has grossed well into the seven figures since launching. They are now developing the second title, based on a phenomenal IP, launching in 2017.
This role is for a highly motivated and highly experienced Senior Game Client Engineer that pushes the quality bar on every topic. Your passion will be in creating and maintaining awesome games as well as have the best and most efficient development experience possible.
- Develop next-gen MMORTS mobile games using Unity (across multiple devices) aiming to be played by millions of players
- Work closely with designers and UX/UI to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get new ideas into the game. (Work through storyboards, wireframes, feature specs etc)
- Implement a great UI, with rich game animations/interactions and great 2D & 3D user interfaces
- Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
- Work closely with the Art team to get awesome artwork into the game and use Level of Detail, to make it run on as many devices as possible
- Work with games server team (e.g. for persistent game data, error handling, network connections etc.)
- Attend daily standups and break down user stories for sprint planning and estimates
- Focus on writing clean, efficient and optimised code. Always be thinking about things like optimising memory usage, frame rates, garbage collection, maintainability etc.
- Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals with a high product quality
- Collaborate with our Platform team (e.g Login, authentication, creating accounts, getting data for general content etc.
- Several years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience)
- Several years of experience in developing 3D games using Unity
- Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
- Very good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
- Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#
- Fluent in using Git
- Solid understanding of programming principles, how components work together and various common architectural approaches
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, in large scale systems
- It goes without saying that you love playing games
Nice to have:
- Experience in games programming outside of Unity using either C++, OpenGL or DirectX, would be great
- Competence with realtime shader development (HLSL/CGFX, Unity’s ShaderLab)
- Mobile experience (whether it’s native iOS or Android, or an understanding of the limitations of mobile platforms etc.)
- WebGL experience.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Hurd – Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420