OPM is working with a top London studio, looking for a Technical Director to join its unique, ambitious development team.
The studio creates F2P games at the very highest level.
The role is an influential one and one in which you will be responsible for representing technology at a studio and group level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Lead Programmers on long-term technical strategy with a view on hardware innovations and focal points.
- Maintain view on other emerging technologies and developments.
- Ensure technical solutions support a high-quality experience to our player’s in-line with product team’s stated objectives.
- Partner with production to remove blockers and consistently hit sprint goals.
- Partner with the General Manager to plan staffing and operational costs
- Assess technical risks and determine mitigation plans.
- Evolve the way we work to ensure the engineering team is working effectively to deliver clean code.
- Coach, develop and mentor the programming team.
- Source and organise training opportunities for the programming team.
- Champion the studio’s vision, values, behaviors and operating practices.
- Significant engineering experience across different gaming platforms.
- Recent experience as Lead Engineer or Technical Director for mobile online games.
- Experience working on complex 3D games.
- Social and multiplayer mobile game experience (iOS and Android).
- Experience of data-driven games with downloadable asset bundles.
- Able to identify, manage and communicate technical issues across disciplines.
- High standards of personal technical excellence, and the ability to achieve this standard in others.
- Passion for making games that push the boundaries and set new standards for mobile gaming.
- Evidence of sound leadership and motivation skills.