This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for an experienced environment artist to join their team on an exciting UE4 console shooter and take ownership of environment and set dressing requirements. They would be expected to work from provided concept art and take that vision through to final polish.
If you love working with Unreal engine and have a passion for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will already know the intricacies inherent in large FPS titles, and you will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
Experience of a full console or PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
They’re are happy to consider full-time or contract, depending on your circumstances.
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with Tech Art and Code teams to address optimizations and efficiencies within the 3D pipeline.
- Utilize existing asset libraries to create believable, exciting play spaces which conform to level design requirements.
- Request and, where required, create additional props, modular sets and world dressing elements utilizing a PBR workflow.
- Research new technologies, innovations and processes that help to improve the 3D pipeline within the studio.
- Experience creating high-quality 3D environments from concept art and photo reference.
- Experience creating open world games and understanding of the tech limitations.
- Demonstrable experience of creating environments using UE4.
- Previous AAA game development experience preferable.
- Knowledge and experience with outsource pipelines would be advantageous.
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3ds Max or Blender (3ds Max preferred.)
- To be conversant with the high to low res workflow and normal map baking, as well as sculpting experience in Zbrush or Mudbox (Zbrush preferred.)
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines utilizing Substance Painter & Designer or Quixel and knowledge regarding how to bring the results into engine (Substance preferred.)
- Experience with modular asset creation.
- Traditional art skills, appreciation of composition, lighting, colour and detail would be an added bonus.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- A keen eye for level layout, composition and a passion for scene dressing.
- Passion for pushing visual quality and production techniques.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to accept and follow direction.
- Able to manage your own time and work under pressure to tight deadlines.