Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
3D Character Artist – South (UK) – Permanent Contract – AAA Video Games
Location: Oxford, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 4 years ago
As a Character Artist you love nothing more that crafting character models to the highest possible quality, and are brimming with personality!
- Industry experience modelling characters on at least 1 video game
- Character Art portfolio
- Low poly modelling and skinning ability in either 3ds Max or Maya.
- Excellent knowledge of high poly sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Excellent knowledge of PBR derived materials and textures from sources such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Quixel Suite.
- Create character artwork for in-game use to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets.
- Create initial character designs with input from concept artwork and mood boards.
- Creation of character geometry through ZBrush sculpt to final in-game model, LOD models and skinning.
- Creation of character textures and materials – baking normals, UV-ing and generation of PBR textures.
- Oversee character artwork from outsource teams, giving feedback and guidance.
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible start and finish times
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Company events
- Access to their games and films library
- Pension scheme and childcare vouchers
Categories: Art , Creative