Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
3D Artist – PC and Console Games – Cambridge
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23877 Posted: 12 months ago
As a 3D Artist you will have the opportunity to work on high quality assets in exciting games. You will apply your keen visual and sculptural skills on a range of artistic styles covered by a diverse and growing portfolio. You will also need to be able to combine your understanding of a visual style to take even a loose sketch to an inspiring location in-game.
- Creating and/or modifying in-game 3D assets within a given timeframe and budget.
- Collaborating with the art team both internally and externally, acting positively on Art Direction and feedback, to complete the work to a high quality and required art style.
- Interpreting 2d concept art and reference into accurate 3D models that capture the spirit of the concept as well as the technical dimensions.
- Understanding and accommodating the context of the asset – how it needs to be set up and its gameplay potential
- A good team player, willing to work collaboratively and receive feedback and guidance from the rest of the team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work within an established art style
- Solid 3d modelling skills, preferably in Maya and zBrush
- Excellent Substance Painter and Photoshop texturing skills, targeting physically based rendering
- Familiarity with the entire game asset creation pipeline: high-poly sculpting, retopology, UV mapping, texture baking, texture painting, setting up and exporting to game
- Experience with PBR pipeline and real-time engines
- Great understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into an environment
- Understanding of best working practices in terms of LOD creation and optimisation
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- An Art degree or relevant game art course
- An adaptable attitude to working across a breadth of art styles, from high-detail realism to cartoon stylisation
Categories: Art , Creative