Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
3D Artist – London, UK – AAA Games
Location: London,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
OPM’s client are looking to add to its family of staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented 3D Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms. The candidate will work well with all disciplines in the studio to achieve a cohesive vision of the overarching Game Design.
- Own and create complex rigged assets from blockout to final quality, serving the needs of gameplay and animation.
- Collaborate with the art direction and concept team to create industry leading content and visually striking content.
- Work with multiple departments to create and maintain complex asset pipelines.
- Self-regulation of personal workload while completing ad-hoc requests & investigating any issues that arise.
- Being proactive and pre-empting dependency issues before they happen.
- Full understanding of the project tool chain / game engine, and confidently reporting issues & improvements.
- Achieving a world class bar of technical quality for your own work and the work of those around you.
- Developing and maintaining robust and high-quality workflows with their outsourcing partners.
- Exceptional hard surface modelling ability.
- Experience in creating and using assets in level creation tools such as Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- At least 1 published AAA game title on current gen platforms.
- Understanding of baking textures, processing maps and physically based shading.
- Expert knowledge on any leading 3D package (3ds Max preferred) and Substance Painter.
- Comfortable with Zbrush (or similar software) and familiarity with procedural texturing packages like Substance Designer.
- Experience of the full asset pipeline including optimising and profiling.
- A deep understanding of mechanical engineering and design is a plus
- Strong communication skills.
- A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude
- Capable of independent decision making and comfortable taking on responsibility for assets and dependencies.
- Keen eye for detail, proportion, layout and composition.
- Comfortable working alongside a concept team, including the ability to expand on a given style without direct 1 to 1 concept support;
- Comfortable working in a quality driven environment with detailed specification and rigorous feedback loops.
- Experience leading a small team or mentoring other artists is a plus.
Categories: Art , Creative