Job ID: #23787
Project: Console & PC Games
OPM is working with a unique independent studio looking to expand its highly experienced team in Manchester. They are developing and bringing world-class games to market focusing on new IP creations. This will be done through co-development opportunities and working on future-facing platforms which means further expansion into different genres of games and technologies.
· Exhibit a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of animation and how they can be used to enhance gameplay.
· A strong understanding of modern video game animation systems.
· Thorough understanding of animation fundamentals for human and non-human characters.
· Demonstrable experience in creating animations of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
· Excellent animation knowledge or at least one major 3d package (Maya / Motion Builder).
· A broad knowledge of animation set up in Unity / Unreal.
· An understanding of game development practice within a studio environment.
· Consistently create high-quality, appealing animations that directly contribute to the realisation of successful game characters and interactive cinematic sequences.
· Take ownership of animated work from early pre-visualisation to final polish.
· Implement animations into the project’s engine with full ownership of your work and liaise where necessary with the technical designer/ programmer to facilitate this.
· Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques and reviews.
· Actively contribute to the continued development of the techniques and practices of the animation team; maintain an understanding of industry and craft best practices.
· Collect, create and study applicable reference material in order to remain informed about animation techniques and to educate other team members in the creative and technical approaches to the development of successful animation.
· Collaborate directly with your Lead Animator in the most efficient and technically responsible manner.
· Contribute to the conceptualisation of character behaviours and abilities.
· Provide input during the character development process, from concept to modelling to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
OPMjobs are proud of our new incentive to help the team cope with isolation – the Wellness Hour. Getting a…
With nearly everyone in the world stuck at home right now, unsurprisingly this has posed new challenges for hiring managers….
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom