This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Unreal Engine (UE4) – AAA Games
OPMs clients is seeking a Lead Producer to join a well-known independent game developer at their Newcastle based studio. They are looking to reshape the industry landscape and on a new generation of Online Shooters for the worldwide gaming community.
The successful candidate will be a remarkable communicator with a background in working across multiple locations and guiding teams working remotely to deliver a groundbreaking AAA title.
- Work together with key project leaders to structure the project’s vision into the precise deliverables, outline execution strategy and success metrics; create and drive plans to execute against milestones and key deliverables
- Set up team organisation and define and implement processes, practices, and workflows to enable the team to deliver high quality work on time and within budget
- Define the resources required to meet the production schedule and quality requirements and play an active role in hiring and recruiting.
- Drive day-to-day backlog execution, review sprint results, adapt schedules
- Review creative and technical design documents for the project to identify foreseeable issues
- Establish goals and priorities that help teams focus on the critical aspects
- Resolve problems as they arise and find effective solutions which achieve measurable results
- Support implementation and usage of the studio development framework in the project
- Establish systematic information channels about the project status updates for the team and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the art and creative directors, and various discipline leads to define outsourcing needs and establish outsourcing pipelines together with Art Producer
- Supervise, coach, mentor and develop production staff to ensure growth, expand the talent base and build a succession bench
- Extensive experience with building AAA PC and console games
- Strong experience delivering AAA games as a Lead Producer, Executive Producer or Development Director
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with any member of development teams
- Specialist level experience through all phases of in game product development, across all major disciplines, including technology, design, art, UI and QA – from concept to live game support
- Profound understanding of production tools and strong capabilities in project management software (e.g., MS Office Suite, Jira/G-Suite, Confluence, etc).
- Expertise building games using a distributed development framework
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative and visual requirements within schedule, budget, and staff limitations
- Diplomatic leader able to maintain critical confidentially and to have crucial conversations
DESIRED SKIILLS (good to have):
- Demonstrated leadership experience a popular AAA shooter game
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education qualification
- Experience with large-scale development using UE4
- Performance-based bonuses
- Private health care including dental treatment
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 420!