Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Animation Programmer – AAA Console Developer – UK
Location: Guildford,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM are thrilled to be working with a well-established developer of high-end interactive and immersive Console and VR experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing game systems that will take our character interaction and locomotion forward to the next generation
- Applying a deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4 animation and sequencer systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the functionality and suggest new approaches
- Achieving realistic human animation through combining animations, IK and other bespoke skeletal control systems
- Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific challenges
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for an extensive period, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Animation Guru – in-depth knowledge of several game systems, including animation and player control, in both tools/pipeline and runtime. You have a strong desire to advance the quality of high-fidelity characters.
- Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
- Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
Categories: Programming , Technical