OPM are looking for a promising Computer Science/ Software Engineering Graduate with a passion for the Games Industry.
If you are looking for a friendly and challenging working environment working on a multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms, you should seriously consider this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, debugging and maintaining computer code, often in, but not limited to, C/C++.
- Writing code in a human-readable style, using descriptive and accurate class, function and variable names, and comments where necessary.
- Carrying out other technical aspects of a project (for example running and maintaining build processes, setting up installers, providing technical information)
- Carrying out assigned tasks within the time scheduled for them as agreed with your lead programmer / producer.
- Clearly and accurately communicating progress on, and problems with, your assigned tasks, and the project in general, to your lead programmer and / or producer.
- Assisting in the production of project milestones and schedules
- Ensuring that your work integrates well with the work of other team members, and functions correctly as a part of the whole project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Having the ability to solve technical problems
- Have the personal skills and the desire to work as part of a team
- Have the ability to work with other programmers to solve technical problems
- Having an excellent working knowledge of programming language(s), particularly C/C++
- Ideally you will have recently graduated with a Computer Science, Software Engineering or games specific degree or equivalent