Technical Animator – UK REMOTE or Hybrid North West, UK – AAA Adventure GamesQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 27-11-2023
- Location: Knutsford
- Workspace: Remote
- Job ID: 27255
One Player Missions client is looking for a Technical Animator to join their Animation Department. They have an enthusiastic team of developers working on the next generation of AAA games based on a much loved product enjoyed by millions of children and adult alike!
You’ll work closely with the character animation pipeline, creatively and technically alongside Animators, Riggers, Designers, Artists, Programmers and Production on a day-to-day basis.
- A collaborative and enabling attitude.
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team, also able to work with independence.
- An eye for detail in animation implementation.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Excellent knowledge of Autodesk Maya or alternative 3D software.
- Advanced knowledge of technical animation with specialist experience in an area (e.g. tool development, real time IK and retargeting, advanced layering in Animation Blueprints).
- Knowledge of programming or visual scripting.
- Create and maintain high quality, efficient character animation blueprints in Unreal Engine.
- Develop custom animation notifies, blueprint utilities and advanced animation systems in Unreal Engine.
- Liaise with the Programmers, Riggers, Animators, and other staff in animation setup, systems and trouble shooting.
- Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identify repetitive tasks, pipeline issues, and help create tools to increase productivity.
- Mentor other team members, proficiently communicating both technical and creative requirements.
- Profile performance and take steps to optimise animation systems.
- Develop the animation pipeline.
- Take some ownership of Technical Animation development projects assigned by your line-manager.
- Represent Technical Animation in several sub-teams and technical meetings assigned by your line-manager.
- Document your tools and systems.
- Hybrid and UK Remote contract options
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health and well being activities
- Social Events
- VISA and Relocation support if required
- And much more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!